Some people love a good horror movie. There’s nothing better than sitting on the edge of your seat – with an elevated heart rate – waiting for the next good scare to knock you out of your seat.
Fans of these types of films will have the chance to meet the stars of some of these films. The first-ever Motor City Legacy Horror Convention will take place this weekend at the Sheraton in Romulus, MI. The horror convention will run from Friday, March 18 through Sunday, March 20.
There will be celebrities, as well as panels, lots of vendors, movie screenings, and of course you’re encouraged to dress up as your favorite horror movie character. There will also be a costume party for the kids and a special make-up effect contest.
Many celebrities from various horror movies will be there this weekend. They will sign autographs and take photos with their fans.
Celebrities due to appear include:
- Amanda Bearse from Fright Night. She also played Marcie in “Married with Children”
- John Dugan from “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”
- Jacques Duval from “The Doom Generation”, “Independence Day”, “Donnie Darko”, and “May”
- Christine Elise from “Child’s Play 2” and “Chucky”. She also appeared in “Beverly Hills 90210”
- Special Makeup Artist Brian Hillard who made films like “The Walking Dead”, “Constatine”, “Land of the Dead” and “The Haunting in Connecticut”
- Animated Jason from “Night of the Creeps”. He was also in the movie “European Vacation”
- R. A. Mihailoff from “Leatherface, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III”, “Pumpkinhead II, Blood Wings”, “Hatchet II”, and “Death House”
- Pancho Moler from “American Horror Story Freak Show”, “31”, “Candy Corn” and “3 From Hell”
- William Ragsdale from “Fright Night”, “Fright Night Part 2”, “Herman’s Head”, and “Justifieid”
- Ken Sagoes from “A Nightmare on Elm Street 3, Dream Warriors” and “A Nightmare on Elm Street 4, The Dream Master”
- Suzanne Snyder & Grant Cramer the two of “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” will reunite
There will also be a film festival during the event with locally made projects. There are over 90 submitted entries.
Admission is $70 for a weekend pass, $15 for a children’s weekend pass (ages 5-12), $30 for Friday (4 p.m. to 9 p.m.), $35 for Saturday (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.) and $25 for Sunday (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Children under 5 are free.
You can buy tickets online here.
For more information, here is the official website.
The Sheraton of Romulus is located at 8000 Merriman Road.